Program Manager - Release Management
Job Description :
American Express has embarked on an exciting Cloud, Big Data and Mobile transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers.
This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team.
You will contribute to a rock star start-up engineering team which will deliver the next generation auto-scaled, Highly Available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform (Iaas/PaaS) for the mission critical American Express Delivery Transformation initiative.
The platform will deliver a framework to support multiple programming languages i.e Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby/Rails, Scala and Fuse for enterprise and consumer mobile web application developers.
You will support innovative tools and capabilities to enable continuous delivery building, provisioning and administering multi-tenant, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into production.
You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
As our Release Manager, you must analyze the potential customer and financial implications, select the most promising ideas, prioritize them, and create a cohesive roadmap that integrates them into our platform.
You will also evangelize new features to our clients, working to accelerate their adoption, track the realized savings and impacts, and communicate results with senior leaders. We are a start-up, we will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly.
You will plan, communicate and coordinate Hackathons, Developer Events, User Groups, and Communities of Technology Practice and in general focus on Developer Evangelism.
- Raise awareness of release blockers; pull the right people together to resolve them.
- Shepherd the release process from feature cut-off to production verification.
- Communicate overall release status up and out.
- Lead release retrospectives when releases miss their target or introduce issues to customers. Ensure follow through on action items.
- Work closely with release engineering team to propose and implement push-button tools to help manage what s deployed on TEST and STAGE environments.
- Collaborate with DevOps, QA and Engineers to increase the on-time rate, and decrease customer-facing issues.
- Leverage industry knowledge and best practices to help us continually improve.
- Advocate for automated processes to reduce human error.
- Hold QA and Engineers accountable for finding and fixing issues earlier in the process.
- Propose, socialize and build tools and process improvements to help us move towards Continuous Integration.
- Reduce the overhead involved in releasing so that we can release more frequently, with high quality.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience managing release cycle and release calendar.
- Background in Technical Project Management Engineering or Product Development its releases.
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-month and cross functional projects/programs.
- Expert understanding of and hands-on experience in Agile/Scrum, ITIL and SDLC processes.
- Experience in reviewing/assisting in creating requirements documents, functional requirements, UI specifications, test plans and technical architecture diagrams needed.
- Proficient with ServiceNow, JIRA and other widely used operational management tools. Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint proficiency also required.
- Thorough understanding of Internet/Cloud technologies, client-server applications, networking and network system architectures.
- Ability to work with Infrastructures and Platforms including IaaS, PaaS and Cloud technologies.
- Experience in facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget and to specifications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Detail-oriented with strong thought leadership and analytical abilities.
- A positive, can-do attitude and great relationship build